“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” -Susan Sontag
Our travel policy for wedding photography: It’s FREE.
Yes, you read that correctly. There are no travel fees for anyone who purchases wedding photography coverage in the continental United States. Are you getting married anywhere in the Lower 48? Cool. I’m not gonna charge you any travel fees.
BUT WHY? All the other wedding photographers charge extra for travel. It is my goal to make this whole process pain free for you. You should be able to quickly and easily understand the actual cost of your wedding photography so we can start talking about the fun stuff sooner. And I LOVE to travel. I want to see ALL the places. So if you’re having a wedding near something on my long list of things I’d like to see, I want the freedom to stay as long as I want, book the kind of flight I want, and rent the kind of car I need without having you be on the hook for any of it. Or even wondering if you’re on the hook for any of it. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement in more ways than you realize.
Not only am I not going to charge you to travel to your wedding, but check out my wish list for 2015-2016…. here’s a list of places I reeeeeally want to see and photograph. If you’re having your wedding in any of these locations, I’ll totally make you a deal. So email me already. I’d love to hear from you.
Amanda’s Wish List (in no particular order):
- Joshua Tree National Park: Even though I visited in 2015 and made some cool family photos in Joshua Tree NP, the park stole my heart and I would be super thrilled to go back.
- Moab: Yeah, I know I went there in 2012, but there’s some rocks I didn’t take any pictures of yet.
- Yosemite: There’s probably something Ansel missed
- Alaska: Totally not in the Lower 48, but I’m dying to go see Mount McKinley
- Iceland: Because obviously
- Isle of Skye: The homeland of my people. It’s a pilgrimage really
Check out this nifty map of many of the places I’ve photographed. All those little pins are clickable and will connect you to a blog post. It’s a super cool toy – try it out.